Sunday, January 13, 2008

Christmas in California




These pictures are from christmas morning we walked down to the beach, Dani in pjs just enjoying the sunshine and sand. It truly made me miss living in California, don't get me wrong we love portland...the coffee shops...the rain and cold weather getting bundled up...the zoo...walking in the forest by our house. All that aside I still love California and the feeling of home it has for me...I miss being close to family and friends. Something changed in me this last trip and the idea that one day we might move back rose to the surface, up until recently I thought Portland would be our home for a long time. I'm not saying we're moving back tommorrow I do feel we have a purpose in portland right now but i no longer think it is forever instead I view it as a season.

Anyways, we had a wonderful trip...it was quick packed with family and friend time. Thanks so much Rodgers family, Hollister family, and Mel & Dave for letting us stay in your homes...seeing you made me want to move that much more!
The next post will be Danika's 1st Birthday ....

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Nothing would make me happier. The post alone brought tears to my eyes. I want my Em back! I miss you so much. I can't wait to come see you. My brother and wife Kelly are moving up there as well. Even more of a reason to come say hello! Love you girl. Can't wait to see pics of Dani's big 1st!

Anonymous said...

you have a purpose in fallbrook too.

Holls said...

there is no place for you in fallbrook, the pollards got the very last possible house. the good news is, i know a great realtor in osos...
as if it was ever even a question.
we're kind of like couples soulmates.

Anonymous said...

it was so good to hear your voice last week and to catch up a bit. as much as i typically don't love the phone, let's make it happen more often. you are a wonderful friend and i miss you. and holls is clearly mistaken, there are a few houses available right down the street! one for you, and one for them.

Shelley Blackwell said...

Great to hear from you Em. Got your comment on our blog tonight... a little delayed I know. Anyhow we spent Christmas here in Cabo, it was pretty quiet but nice. My mom came down and was here for 3 weeks so that was awesome. She is a huge help with the boys and lots of fun to be around. We too spent Christmas morning on the beach. Our house is coming along though we're rapidly running out of $$ we're planning on moving in to the 1 bedroom guest studio at the end of Feb. and then into the rest of the downstairs sometime in March. We're praying for some sales for Jeremiah so we can keep building the second story but for now we're just waiting on the Lord.

When we moved to Mexico I thought the same thing... it was kind of an indefinite forever thing. The longer we've been here the more I'm thinking that sometime in the 5-10 year range we'd like to try and get back to the Central Coast somehow. Ideally I'd like to spend part of the year here in Mexico and part of the year in CA. Who knows! Man I can't believe Dani's almost 1!!! Looking forward to some pics.

How's it going being back at work? I've been working about three hours a day on some oceanography research and it's been a nice outlet.